I never thought I would be thanking God for feeling stress, fear or anxiety, but I am here to tell you I do. It is a gift. It is a loud danger sign I have come to appreciate and respect. I don’t fight it anymore, I am grateful when it shows up.
How can stress be a positive protector to help you prune out the poisonous people, places and things in your life? What can you do to transform the trouble of today into the triumph of tomorrow? Is there a secret?
Imagine for a moment you are driving to meet a friend. You get in the car and probably encounter a red light, slow down for a stop sign, or yield into a rotary. Do you for one moment yell at the red light, resent the stop sign, or get angry because you have to yield? No. You are grateful these signs exist to help protect you from the very real potential danger and destruction of a car accident. You are thankful someone placed these signals across your journey to help protect you from disaster. You humbly accept and follow the rules of the road as a positive part of your everyday travel.
In the same way, God gives you intuitive signals in your five senses to help navigate you safely through life.
The stress you feel when someone betrays you, the anxiety that overwhelms you in a work environment, the sick feeling in your stomach about a decision you have been procrastinating to face. These are all hidden gifts you need to unwrap. God is trying to help you be safe from danger. Stop and pay attention.
How can the feeling of fear or stress become a friend?
- Stop and immediately acknowledge and accept your feeling of stress. Notice where and how you are feeling stress in your body.
- Thank God for giving you a sign to protect yourself from danger. Take a power pause.
- Sit in silence with your feelings and ask, “What can I learn from this?” Discover yourself, you’re worth it.
- Recognize that if you are feeling stress, anxiety, fear or confusion, you need to change direction from the source or trigger of these negative emotions. Protect yourself.
- What new actions can you create as a result of this new awareness? What new choices are now available to you? You always have a choice.
- Ask God, pray, and/or meditate for the grace, wisdom and courage to implement one of these new options which brings you the most peace. Compassion for yourself is your quickest cure.
- Remember, you don’t need to understand how God is showing up with this message for you to benefit from its’ effects. You use a lot of things in your day that you don’t understand how they work, but you don’t boycott using them because you don’t understand how the results are achieved. Trust.
Consider each seed of stress you despise, can be a source of strength which helps you a grow a great life you love.
Deb Scott, BA, CPC is a four time award winning author of, The Sky is Green & the Grass is Blue, and a top rated best podcaster winner for, The Best People We Know Show, with over 1 million global listeners. Deb spent twenty years as a cardiovascular surgical specialist, winning numerous awards for outstanding sales and leadership skills. In her personal life, Deb battled sexual abuse, others’ alcoholism, dysfunctional relationships, depression, was the sole caregiver to both her parents who fought cancer to their death, and even experienced financial devastation. Today, Deb helps people turn things around in their business, or the business of living, with the discovery of the amazing you.
Connect with Deb at: http://www.greenskyandbluegrass.com